October is my very favorite time of the year. The reason I love it so much is simple: food, family, tradition and Thanksgiving, which gives us a day to pause and just be thankful for the past year. Its also sweater weather and fall is packed with fun activies for the whole family. Take in the beautiful fall colours with a walk in nature, visit a pumpkin patch or enjoy apple picking at one of the many farms just outside the city... there is plenty to keep you busy this month. Here are a few of my top picks for things to do this month:
1. Restaurants for Change is an annual fundraising event that brings together some of Canada’s best restaurants to raise money in support of community food programs across Canada. Visit their website at http://restaurantsforchange.ca/
2. Who doesn't love a cup of hot chocolate? The 14th Toronto Chocolate Festival runs from October 1st to November 11th. Enjoy many forms of chocolate! Visit the website for more information: https://www.torontochocolatefestival.com/
3. The Toronto International Festival of Authors, October 18th - 28th at Harbourfront Centre. Meet, hear, and learn from your favourite authors! Visit their website for more information: https://festivalofauthors.ca/
4. Visit a pumpkin patch just outside the city. Click here for locations https://www.toronto.com/things-to-do/pumpkin-picking-in-toronto/
5. Apple picking! There is nothing quite like fall apple picking...look at where to go here and see below for my favorite farms https://www.toronto.com/things-to-do/apple-picking-in-toronto-the-gta/Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours!
Information source https://www.toronto.com